Sunday, April 12, 2009

almost time to get back to responsibility. just when i think this time around, I've given myself a lighter load, I tend to drift towards more challenges. maybe that's just my nature. free time is overrated anyway.
right now, I feel like there are things I want, but things that shouldn't really be important to me. I guess, what I mean is, I'm shallow, selfish, and possibly greedy. It's not enough for me to have just one internship that looks good on my record, but I also need one for money. Of course I need money, who doesn't? With graduation just right around the corner, and a bunch of expenses I have yet to cover, I don't know what I want to do or what I should do. Of course I think i am capable of paying off a small loan on my own. Do I want to? Do I need to? It's just yet another thing on the list of things to tackle.
Rent the cap and gown, just place the order already, what am I waiting for? What's stopping me? Compared to everything else, this measly thirty or so bucks is nothing, but every time I'm about to place the order, I feel like...'ehh not yet, it can wait.'

The greedy side of me has a shoe addiction. I thought that it hasn't been that bad recently, but it's getting warmer, I am drifting towards the new creations this season has to offer. I've sort of been looking for wraparound boots to wear before the summer rolls in, but I can't seem to find the right pair that I want. I've also been looking at wedges and flats that may be appropriate for work purposes, and also suitable for everyday wear.
Also, graduating and looking for a job after this summer is just an excuse for me to want to buy stuff, stuff I don't need.
Enough of that, can't touch the what little is left in my bank account.
This summer abroad thing may cost me nearly $8000, hopefully my cheap side can help me cut that down.
a near $1000 for one last class to finish the major this summer. I find that fucking ridiculous, when my tuition per quarter for the regular school year is just a little over $1000. I only need one more class. It makes me so frustrated to think that I can't do anything about that figure.
I know I should let it go, that's the progressive thing to do, but I will always regret taking Personal Finance. Who would have known that it would not count for my major? It's not as if I need 3 useless units? *sighs* what a waste. If it weren't for that waste of a class, I could have taken something else that quarter. Then I would not have to sign up for this one class this summer.
Furthermore, education nowadays is just pure extortion. What the fuck is a campus fee? What the fuck is the point of a clicker? Extortion, that's what. It's not as if the quality of education is keeping up with the increase of fees, even if you factor out the general increase of inflation.
I may have to be reduced to taking out my first student loan. Just wonderful.
Not to mention rent, which I will have to cover for the next few months
$500 x 4 more months = $2000
This estimate comes to a total of $11,000.
Can you say extortion?

Ok I've depressed myself enough for today. Time to shower and get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment