Friday, June 18, 2010

Work has been so slow. I thought I was going out of my mind with boredom, but I'm really liking how slow it is right now. I'm now dead sure it's the calm before the storm.
Even though this last half of the week has been winding down, I still haven't gotten much sleep. Typical me. When will I ever learn? Never of course, because my stubbornness wins over my ... well... everything else haha.

So The Karate Kid was a pretty good movie. I enjoyed it. Now we've got stereotypes and new stereotypes. "It's China, everybody knows kung fu." That line had me chuckling. Be warned, world. Mean streets of the world - Brooklyn, Detroit, Compton, and now...Beijing. The bits and pieces of humor injected into what looks like a physically painful time for Jaden Smith (or his stunt doubles) really lightens the mood and makes it a relaxing movie to watch. Some parts of it just needed more of an explanation. So they move to China because the mom got relocated, a little bit farfetched and unrealistic. In fact, the maternal character could have lifted right out of the story. The storyline practically made her out to be a prop.
In the end, the antagonist turns over a new leaf and hands over the trophy to Dre. Too much of a cut-t0-the-finish happy ending. Other things I was disappointed with are...
I totally thought that Mr. Han and the crazy karate master guy had some sort of complicated past, but turns out there's no relation. Ergo, I'm a little confused about why Mr. Han seemed fearful of the other dude, and him simply being afraid due to how the karate instructor treats his kids is too simplistic of a reason.
so yeah just a few of what seem like holes in the plot bothered me a bit, but only if I overthink things as I usually do. Overall, it was a very good feel-good type of movie. In fact, I'd say this remake is better than some of the other Karate Kid remakes.

On a separate note, I feel like I'm starting to slip into work, come home, do nothing, fall asleep routine. I'm not forcing myself to make time for other things that are important to me. So I need to force myself to sleep earlier so I'll have more energy and force myself to be less lazy. Yep...pretty lame

No comments:

Post a Comment