Thursday, December 24, 2009

Got Mail

2 pieces of mail for me today.

1) My primary care physician, whom I have actually never met, sent me a formal letter informing me, and probably all her other patients, that she will be on maternity leave until May. In all the years that she has been my doctor, I have never been able to get an appointment with her. For someone who is so out of reach, she decides to inform me that she will be reach now. That is...interesting...and strange. But good for her, she'll be a new mother soon.

2) My diploma came. Major in M.E. & Minor in Chinese & Psych & grad. w/ honors, official as of 9/11/2009. I'll remember that date heh. It feels so official, a finite ending. It's not like this signals the end of education, not at all. Actually, it's more like the end of youth. A little piece of paper that says it's time to grow up.

So, starting in January, I'll be working again. At least this time, it's something that is at least related to what I want to do with my life. Plus, the pay is better. I'm happy to move forward. I guess I had a couple of months off and I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not being more productive about it, but there's no point in dwelling over time lost. I need to find some motivation. I'm hoping I'll get it soon. I usually tend to get more accomplished when I feel swamped.

No comments:

Post a Comment