Friday, July 23, 2010

Craptastic World Around Us

Oil spill around the gulf. Tragic, yes. I wish I cared more. This is the country I live in and it was a tragedy. But so are all other tragedies. Yet I feel jaded towards natural disasters lately. The commonality of them makes me feel like it's just another day, another headline, another event passing me by. I worry I'm taking it for granted how lucky I am that with everything crumbling in front of us and around us, it has yet to really strike me and the people around me.
Those massive earthquakes, especially the ones close to family in China (sometime last year), didn't hurt anyone I know. and I just become more jaded. I know I'm not untouchable in the face of disaster. It can strike anywhere, but I'm just a little disappointed that I care so little.

So I'm constantly coming across literary works that tell me to stay away from ahi, eat wild, not farm-raised (even though there are upsides and downsides to both types of cultivated fish). Don't microwave plastics, volatility of plastics when in presence of heat --> you eat plastic, and it imitates estrogen in your body, blah blah, leads to weight gain. I wonder if it has had any effect on me as I have microwaved plastic for all the many lunches and foods I have packed everywhere. I'm sure that when I eat out, it contributes more towards my weight gain than microwaving plastics over a long period of time.
I'll just keep doing what I do; stay away from chips, soda, bacon, etc. (those are most of the crappy foods that I don't like.) Craptastic foods I do like: ice cream, cake, chocolates, ribs, wings, canned stuff, muffins (so much hydrogenated fats). ugh, so delicious, and I am so...weak to succumb to it. So my plan to jog at least once a week is ... slow but steady I guess, I wish I had more energy after work, but btw taking a nauseating train ride home and falling asleep half the time, missing my bus stop, freezing my butt off, passing through a fog line, I just feel so... lacking of energy, motivation, and ... yadda yadda, excuses, excuses!

Monday is like Doomsday. I'm scared. I know that what's done is done. The results will come out and that's it. If I pass, great (which would really be a miracle.) I think I failed. I will try again. >_<>
Work has had its ups and downs. More boredom, thirsty for a challenge. I need/want to learn something, or relearn something I forgot in the past. Grateful for what new things I have learned once in a blue moon.

Hrm what else? Oh yeah, the media is very disappointing, ahem fox network for distorting miss sherrod's speech, disappointed in white house termination of Sherrod's job. Total lack of respect for employees, lack of respect for due diligence. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? What about all the guilty believed to be innocent because of lack of sufficient evidence? I feel like I'm always losing faith in everything, like legal systems, media, higher education, and the idea that hard work reaps benefits. Okay I'm done rambling.

Notes to self: eat healthier, more exercise, more study, SLEEP EARLIER,
I want a vacation so badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment