Thursday, September 17, 2009

out of college...

I can't believe I'm no longer an undergrad, while most of my friends, or colleagues will be starting fall quarter this time next week. well either that, or participating in the UC-wide walkout protesting tuition hikes. I'm so glad for that UC grant. If I didn't get even that little bit of aid, I'd be up to my neck in loans.
So I just got through my first week of my crappy job as a file clerk at a crappy location. I guess it's not as bad as I anticipated it to be. Boring of course. I wish it weren't so...suffocating...if only we could open a couple of windows or...SOMETHING. whatever that's not so important.
I feel like I should be doing more with my life. After all, I DO have a degree now. I shouldn't complain. A lot of recent post grads are probably going through the same thing, unless they graduated from UC Berkeley or Harvard or something. Sad truth is, there's not much that separates all of us. Most of us are college-educated, bright people who COULD be doing better...and here I am complaining about it in my silly blog. Well I can't give up. It's only been a week. I need to keep looking ... I hope I don't miss out on anything that could potentially be a step up.
I also hope this crappy sitting job doesn't make me gain weight. well I guess that's not too much of a possibility, since I'm too poor to buy food and I don't do a lot of sitting at my job...too much walking around and sometimes...lifting...which I am grateful to do, because sitting for 8 hours a day SUCKS ASS, and I don't even exercise, since all I want to do when I get home is knock out and when I wake up, I only have time to eat dinner, take a shower, go to sleep, and get ready for the next life-draining day.
I hope this doesn't sound too cocky, but I feel like I have too much potential, and I'm too smart and too ambitious to get stuck in this crappy position. At least I have a job?
More to spew out of my little head later on... I'm leaving my comfy bed for now.
no less confused than when I sat down

No comments:

Post a Comment